The next day I woke up to Paul knocking on the door, around 10am, the first thing he said to me was ‘I’m really hungry, I need food!’  We decided to go get breakfast out, Paul went to order and found out that no one speaks any English, and therefore tried to say what coffee we wanted and in the end pointed to a picture and our order was placed! We got some noodles and walked back to our apartment building and had some Raman (noodles with spices, a little like pot noodle but not as nasty). After this we took a nap and then went for our medical. After our height, weight, blood pressure, hearing test, blood sample, urine sample and x-ray done, we could go. We got told that there was a party that night as someone was leaving the next day, so after eating to preserve some energy for the evening I took a nap. I got rudely woken by Paul turning on the main light...However I woke up with hunger pains and he informed me we were going out to eat with some people.  

We got into town and go eat Korean BBQ again. After eating we started walking to a bottle bar where everyone was meeting up. We got informed that the bottle bar system works on honesty, you take what bottle of alcohol you want and open them at your table and save them till the end to pay for them - an amazing idea! There were CCTV’s everywhere and were informed that it’s so safe in Korea that you can leave belongings on the table and no one will take it.  

We got invited to a karaoke bar where you only perform to the group of people you’re with. We got a room to ourselves and had a massive book of songs and people were away singing and drinking. Paul and I both got involved and had a really good time. We finally left around 2.30am (ish). John came with us to put us in a taxi and then he went back to the party. When we got back we realised how much we smell like smoke, there is no law passed in Korea so people can smoke inside/publicly. We headed off to our rooms, showed and then went to bed. 

Sarah (Petre)
27/4/2013 11:25:14 pm

Sounds like you're first few days went well! This is a great idea Stacy, a nice way for everyone to be able to keep up with you!

So glad you and Paul are doing well! xXx


Leave a Reply.