After a 10 hour direct flight from Heathrow Paul and I landed safely at Incheon International airport! We went through a well organised immigration process. We showed our passport, got our photo taken and got our index fingers scanned. After this we got some trolleys for our bags.

Whilst waiting to collect them, I realised how rough I looked and needed my make up asap! As soon as our bags arrived, I opened my case, got some deodorant, my make up bag, a hair brush and I walked straight to the toilets. There was a button that stated ‘Please push me before using’, I didn’t notice at first but the seat was wrapped in some sort of plastic which when the button was pressed puts fresh plastic covering on! We headed out into the main hall, as we had to get a bus ticket and made a phone call to our employers.

The bus ride took about an hour, and after this we got straight into a taxi. I showed the taxi driver the address, and he just replied with ‘ney’ and then grabbed my suitcase to put into the boot...The boot didn't shut all the way with my suitcase in, Paul put his bag in the back with him and I sat in the front. Paul informed me a few minutes later that the boot was fully open! Luckily my case was that heavy that it had anchored itself in the boot.

We finally arrived at Seongnam English Town (SNET), we met Ashley (who recruited us) and we took our very heavy luggage up some stairs of while Ashley was telling us so much information that not much of it went in. Except we will have our medical check the next day and to go to the office to get our teaching manual, she took us to our temporary rooms to stay.  After this, we both took a shower and planned to take a nap, however everyone finished work and we chatted in the common room. We got invited out by a couple, Sam and John to go eat Korean BBQ, which was amazing!

After eating, I started to feel the jet lag hit me. John signaled a taxi for us, and told the driver where to take us. Only when we got to our apartment building we realised we couldn't get in as it works by a fingerprint system... However, Sam called around letting other teachers who may be home to look out for us. Luckily JK (a Korean guy, who speaks good English, and the next day got our fingerprints on the system) opened the door for us. I started to read, as I couldn't get to sleep, then all of a sudden I conked out.


The next day I woke up to Paul knocking on the door, around 10am, the first thing he said to me was ‘I’m really hungry, I need food!’  We decided to go get breakfast out, Paul went to order and found out that no one speaks any English, and therefore tried to say what coffee we wanted and in the end pointed to a picture and our order was placed! We got some noodles and walked back to our apartment building and had some Raman (noodles with spices, a little like pot noodle but not as nasty). After this we took a nap and then went for our medical. After our height, weight, blood pressure, hearing test, blood sample, urine sample and x-ray done, we could go. We got told that there was a party that night as someone was leaving the next day, so after eating to preserve some energy for the evening I took a nap. I got rudely woken by Paul turning on the main light...However I woke up with hunger pains and he informed me we were going out to eat with some people.  

We got into town and go eat Korean BBQ again. After eating we started walking to a bottle bar where everyone was meeting up. We got informed that the bottle bar system works on honesty, you take what bottle of alcohol you want and open them at your table and save them till the end to pay for them - an amazing idea! There were CCTV’s everywhere and were informed that it’s so safe in Korea that you can leave belongings on the table and no one will take it.  

We got invited to a karaoke bar where you only perform to the group of people you’re with. We got a room to ourselves and had a massive book of songs and people were away singing and drinking. Paul and I both got involved and had a really good time. We finally left around 2.30am (ish). John came with us to put us in a taxi and then he went back to the party. When we got back we realised how much we smell like smoke, there is no law passed in Korea so people can smoke inside/publicly. We headed off to our rooms, showed and then went to bed.